BBC’s Show ‘Fake Britain’ is a TV programme in which the show’s hosts expose fraudsters and con artists.
In one of their episodes they had managed to find one faker who had been selling fake fire extinguishers!
When the authorities were given the alarm of this dangerous revelation, they uncovered the Halon gas in approximately 1000 extinguishers had either been diluted or contaminated.
By Carlos Hogg
BSI has released a draft publication of the BS 5306-8:2000 Fire Extinguishing Installation and Equipment on Premises, Part 8: Code of Practice for the Selection and Installation of Portable Fire Extinguishers for public comment. Comments should be made via BSI British Standards Draft Review System (DRS) http://drafts.bsigroup.com
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service have commissioned a fire safety video featuring talking fire extinguishers to teach children about the importance of fire safety in the home and what to do in the event of a fire. The educational video will be available to fire services nationwide for use in schools and colleges.
Quick-thinking neighbours saved a family home when they heard a smoke alarm and called the fire brigade. The occupants were at a summer fair at the time of the incident but rushed home when alerted and tackled the blaze with a fire extinguisher.
A New York townhouse of Courtney Love suffered minor damage from a fire caused by a lit candle. The singer suffered minor burns as she attempted to extinguish the fire herself.
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service have released some useful tips on fire safety ahead of the peak summer season in the area. Aimed at caravan and campervan users, it reminds people that preventing a fire from happening is the key to saving lives.
A spate of arson attacks in the Plymouth area are causing more concern as a Mini convertible goes up in flames in a street in Efford. Police have launched an investigation, Operation Brigadier, after four incidents in one day.
The BBC have today reported the alternative uses for animal body parts one of which is used in foam fire extinguishers. Do you know how the protein keratin could be used in fire protection?
A shop owner today described the moment masked robbers burst into his store and released fire extinguishers on him and his staff. The trio struck at around 2.20pm on Monday one of the women was cashing up the men got in through the back door of the Wade Hall armed with fire extinguishers from the shop.
Torquay Boys Grammar School pupils help control a fire by beating it and using a fire extinguisher to contain the flames after two Torquay Girls Grammar School pupils became 'over enthusiastic' and set fire to their text books which also set alight to a grass bank and threatened to spread to nearby Queensway Primary School.